The Officers & Committee have followed the advice of The Government, Public Health England and Bowls England in ensuring that all necessary precautions have been taken to minimise the risk of contracting Covid 19 Corona Virus and advise members of Longthorpe Bowls Club that they take part in these organised roll ups entirely at their own risk
- The Committee of Longthorpe Bowls Club has decided that the Green will open on Saturday 17th April 2021 at 14h00. (Subscriptions should be paid by this date).
As you now know His Royal Highness The Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh’s Funeral will be on Saturday 17th April at 3.00pm. As a mark of respect the committee has decided that the opening roll up will be postponed until 2.00pm Sunday 18th April.
The members booked to play on Saturday will be transferred to a Sunday booking. Please let Jackie know if you are unable to bowl on Sunday so that the rink can be reallocated to other bowlers.
All participants will be required to pre book, when they will be allocated the rink they will play on.
- When booking you will need to give the names of the members you will be playing with; you can book for singles, (two players) Pairs, (four players) or triples (six players)
- Please remember that we share the facilities with the tennis club, to ensure social distancing we are asking Bowls Club Members to use the rear car park and enter the green by the side entrance adjacent to the foot path. There will be a hand sanitising station just inside the gate, please use this on arrival and when leaving.
- There will only be three rinks available for each session. 1, 3 & 5 or 2, 4 & 6, you must play on your allocated rink regardless of whether the other rinks are in use. The Sessions will be 2pm-4pm and 5pm-7pm Monday to Friday; 2pm-4pm Saturday and Sunday. Please arrive no earlier than 1.50pm and 4.50pm and leave by 4.15pm and 7.15pm respectively.
- The rinks will be set out with the rink markers in place, please leave the rink markers in place at the end of your session.
- We will not be using the Pushers, Score Boards or the ditch markers for the bowl or jack. There will be no score cards available; if you wish to keep a record of the score please use your own card/paper. There will be no chalking or measuring; please avoid touching any bowls other than your own.
- There will be 12 mats available for each day; sanitised mats will be kept in a suitably marked box. At the end of each session please ensure that used mats are placed in the box marked USED.
- There will be 12 jacks available for each day sanitised jacks will be kept in a suitably marked bucket. At the end of each session please ensure that used jacks are placed in the bucket marked USED.
- The village hall toilets will be available, please ensure that the front doors are kept locked and only one person at a time enters the toilet, please remember that the Tennis Club is also using the facilities.
- For security it has been decided to keep the Tea Room locked and use the Village Hall facilities should you need to wash your hands
- The pavilions will be kept locked; there will be NO CHANGING FACILITIES or LBC Bowls available.
- Government guidelines state that to assist the NHS in track and trace, the Club is required to keep a record of daily attendance for 21 days, for this reason we regret that we cannot allow spectators.
- Face covering is a matter for personal choice.